Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Reanimus Concert - Alarms & Controls and Soccer Team at the Black Cat

Yet another "catch up" posting. I should probably just stop calling them that and come to terms with the fact that my life, as it is, doesn't allow me to be timely with my posts. Ok? Sounds good. Consider it done.
Moving on.

This was a show back in December that served as a record release party for Alarms and Controls' new record "Clovis Points," which is now available on vinyl and CD over at Dischord. I highly recommend picking it up along with their debut 7" on Mud Memory Records. Seeing them in person is something to see as well. They have a level of precision that few bands can match. Arthur Noll recently replaced Michael Honch on bass, and this was the first time I got to see him. He honestly held his own, which is no small feat. You can't fake your way through a set with this band. You can see there pics here.

Opening for them was none other than Soccer Team. I have known about them for a long time, but this was (sadly) the first time I'd seen them perform. They are really fun. They have two records available - one on Dischord and one on Lovitt. Go get 'em. See the pics here.

Ok, quick hit this time.

till next time - see you in the pit.

pete

No comments: