Friday, January 18, 2013

A Gentle Reminder - The Jealous Sound @ Rock n' Roll Hotel



Hey all-
The Jealous Sound is a band that I have followed ever since my friend Kelly introduced me to their first EP on Better Looking Records. I was hooked. Then they released their first full length "Kill Them with Kindness", that was originally supposed to be the major label debut of the band. After a too often told story of a mess of things with the major label, it ended up being released on Better Looking again. Still one of my favorite albums of all time. I saw them on that tour at, the now defunct, Fletcher's in Baltimore. It was a great show, but then they sort of vanished. Then they suddenly show up with a new EP ("Got Friends") and as the opening act for Sunny Day Real Estate on the "Diary" re-issue tour. Buzz started to arise about new material.
Fast forward a few years, then they announce that they are recording, gonna tour, and have a new record. I don't know all the back story as the the goings on (or lack there of) of the band, and at the end of the day, it doesn't matter. I was just glad they were back on tour, had a new record, and I was going to get a chance to see them and photograph them. One of my photo regrets was that I didn't get to photograph them at the Fletcher's show years ago. The venue was crowded, and I figured I would never get close enough to shoot them, so I put my camera back in my car. I ended up with the perfect angle. Poop.

Well, I got the chance. Twice, as it turns out.

They played the Rock and Roll Hotel twice last year. Once in February, and again in October. So, I have two sets of images.

The February show.

The October show.

That's all for now. I have some more stuff coming up. Hopefully soon.

see you in the pit,
pete

No comments: