Sunday, January 27, 2013

Bringing Your Heart back from the Dead - The Life & Times at the Black Cat


Another quick hit post. This is an old set that I am posting, as part of my catching up with the blog a bit.
The Life and Times is easily one of my favorite bands of the moment, period. The album they released last year on Hawthorne Street Records called "No One Loves You Like I Do" is definitely one of my favorites. It might be my favorite overall. I just hate lists. I just know that I never tire of listening to it.

They are a band that I don't think gets the credit or run that they should. I have been a fan ever since my buddy Kim gave me their first record that she put out on DeSoto Records called "Suburban Hymns". TLAT was formed by Allen Epley after Shiner called it quits. Since Shiner had a nice run on DeSoto Records, it was only natural that TLAT would go there as well. Kim then put the label in semi-mothballs (back catalog is available, but nothing new) she helped them find a new home. In any case, I highly recommend all their records. Pick them up. you won't be sorry. (Oh, and the Shiner stuff is really good as well. Get all that as well. )

Plus, they have a lot of fun making quirky videos. You can see them here.

After several years of missing them play in town, I finally caught them at the Black Cat back in March. Here is my photographic proof.

Never have I see anyone rock the back room at the cat that hard. great show. Can't wait to see them again.

till next time.

pete

No comments: