Wednesday, March 6, 2013

I Got my Heart up in a Beautiful Mess - Hot Water Music at the 9:30 Club



So, I am a late comer to the Hot Water Music party. They were a band that I had heard of but never really listened to, for no real reason. I have such a large swath of music that I like, that there are inevitably bands or artists that I would like that simply fall through the cracks. A perfect example of this would be the Screaming Blue Messiahs; until a friend mine introduced them to me, I had never heard them. Great band that I found out about 20+ years after the fact. Point is it happens.
Anyway, I finally picked up a Hot Water Music album a few years back and was instantly hooked. Really hooked. I now love this band, and their most recent album "Exister" is great - I highly recommend it. They also put out a live album recorded at the Metro in Chicago, coupled with a live DVD of the concert. I guess they took a page from the Smoking Popes on that one (It's the old take-a- hiatus, then-do-a-reunion-show-at-the-metro-and-release-it-as-an-album-and-live-DVD trick). Well, it's a formula that works, so why not. It's a available on 3 X LP or 2 XCD and DVD at No Idea Records, and also quite good.
Through one of my previously mentioned back door channels I was able to get a photo pass to the show. Here are my pictures.

No comments: