Friday, January 17, 2014

God Dammit. Not again.



UPDATE: The outpouring for Ashley and Link has been amazing. More proof of what an impact Travis had, and how the DC music scene looks out for one another. Let's keep it going.

Hey all-

Well, I hate that my posts have been infrequent, and I when I do post them, too often it's bad news. If you haven't already heard, Travis Jackson, drummer for The Points and founder of the indie label Windian Records was killed tragically while working On January 15th. I won't rehash the details, but you can read the City Paper story here.

More importantly, there has been a memorial fund set up to help out his wife and one year old son, Link. If you can give anything to help, please do. You can make donations at the website here, or you can find the link on the Windian Records homepage.

I promise to have happier posts soon. In the mean time, let's help out a guy whose mantra was "earn everything", which he lived by putting his heart and soul in the the DC music - now let's give a little back to his family as thanks.


No comments: